Fog seal is an inexpensive treatment to surface seal a pavement and protect it from elements. A light spray of asphalt emulsion is applied to the pavement to seal the voids and prevent further deterioration due to oxidation and moisture. A timely fog seal can effectively stop raveling and moisture damage and improve and extend service life of a pavement.
Fog seals can also be used to enhance color and reduce dust in new chip seal pavements. Fog seals are best suited for pavements displaying low-to-moderate distress. Fog seals are used on both low and high volume roads.
Fog Seal Advantage
- Protects old oxidized asphalt surfaces
- Seals small cracks and surface voids
- Significantly reduces dust in chip seals
- Prevents raveling of open-graded surfaces
- Maintains and delineates shoulders in high-volume roads
7475 Montgomery Drive Plain City, Ohio 43064 Phone 614.873.2191 Fax 614.873.5850
Click on a picture below for a larger view.