DuraChip® is a very cost-effective treatment for moderate to higher volume ADT roads that otherwise may require hot mix repaving. DuraChip® is an excellent choice for structurally sound pavements that may not be suitable for slurry seal or micro-surfacing due to age-related oxidation and cracking.
Higher polymer content allows for greater shot rates than typical chip seal, resulting in better sealing properties and chip retention. Crushed aggregate is placed over a spray of highly polymerized asphalt emulsion, then rolled and swept. Fog Seal is applied as a final treatment to further lock in aggregate, minimize dust, and improve aesthetics.
7475 Montgomery Drive Plain City, Ohio 43064 Phone 614.873.2191 Fax 614.873.5850
- Engineered chip seal designed for moderate to higher volume ADT
- Higher asphalt residue for superior adhesion and performance
- 0.4gal/sy-0.5gal/sy shot rate for increased film thickness and sealing
Increases aggregate retention Reduces flushing and bleeding Minimizes tracking
- Greater ductility provides superior strength and resistance to reflective cracking
- Elastomeric characteristics provide better performance in extreme temperatures
- Protects existing pavement from oxidation, aging, water intrusion, and traffic wear
- Rejuvenates old pavement and provides a long service life
- Fog Seal minimizes dust and improves aesthetics
Click on a picture below for a larger view.
Today's DuraChip® Technology