7475 Montgomery Drive Plain City, Ohio 43064 Phone 614.873.2191 Fax 614.873.5850
A cape seal is applied when the pavement deterioration is greater than what a slurry seal or micro-surfacing is designed to correct, yet the pavement has not deteriorated to the point of requiring an expensive asphalt overlay. A cape seal prevents water penetration, reducing subsequent damage to the road bed, along with providing a new wearing surface.
Cape seals can be used on residential streets as well as rural and urban highways. Used with crack sealing and necessary surface repairs, a cape seal significantly extends the life of a pavement.
Cape Seal Advantage
- Prevents reflective cracking
- Increased pavement lifespan
- Lower lifecycle cost than other alternatives
- Cost-effective treatment to extend pavement service life
- Inhibits water intrusion into the old pavement
- Suitable for low or high ADT
- Minimum user delay costs and quick return to traffic
Click on a picture below for a larger view.
In the cape seal process an engineered polymer-modified RCRI is applied on the existing pavement and then covered with Micro-Surfacing or Slurry Seal. This is a cost-effective process that provides the strength and durability of RCRI and the smoothness and texture of micro-surfacing and/or slurry seal.